OFFICIAL RULES: 2017 Lucky Duck Derby Rules & Regulations
Lucky Ducky Derby Official Rules & Regulations 2017
Presented by The Compassion Foundation referred as Presenter
1. A complete set of official rules for this race can be obtained from the Compassion Foundation by sending a written request and a self-addressed stamped envelope to the following address: Compassion Foundation, 305 South Lake Street, P.O. Box 270 Aurora, IL 60507-0270. Rules are also posted at www.compassionfoundation.org
2. In case of inclement weather, acts of God or other circumstances, the Presenter reserves the right to postpone or reschedule the race, or determine winners by a random drawing, at its sole discretion.
3. All ducks entered will be provided by the Presenter and shall remain our property.
4. Once the ducks are released into the river, they are on their own. No attempt to free or interfere with any duck is permitted, unless deemed necessary by the Race Committee.
5. A number will be attached to each duck relating to the number on an entry ticket. The person’s name who appears on the entry ticket corresponding to the first, second and third duck in order of finish will be awarded the prizes.
6. Duck Tickets may be purchased online at www.compassionfoundation.org or from a Compassion Foundation Representative or Ducky Buddy. Tickets will also be available to purchase on race day, June 17, 2017, in front of SciTech Hands on Museum from 11:00am until 12:15pm. All entries must be received by Presenter by June 16, 2017 by 5:00 pm. For all mail in entries please sent to 305 South Lake Street, P.O. Box 270 Aurora, IL 60507-0270. Only completed entry forms will be acceptable. Any monies received after the deadline will be accepted as a donation to the Compassion Foundation.
7. For online duck purchases, your name and information will be added to our Lucky Ducky database. We do not issue the duck numbers or mail tickets to keep the integrity of the race intact. We will issue tag numbers based on the number of duck tickets that were purchased and those tag numbers will appear in our database next to your name and information. Prior to the race each duck will be tagged with your assigned numbers. For example; if you purchased a quack pack (6 ducks) you will be assigned six numbers in our database and six ducks will be tagged with those numbers.
8. Winners will be announced at SciTech Hands On Museum following the conclusion of the race on June, 17, 2017 at approximately 3:00 pm. Winners will, where necessary, also be notified by United States mail or telephone. A winner is entitled to receive only the prize awarded and is responsible for all applicable federal and state taxes and license or registration fees payable in connection with that prize. No cash equivalent prizes will be provided in lieu of the designated prizes.
9. Million Dollar Duck: One Duck in every 3,000 ducks in the duck race will be randomly selected as a potential winning Million Dollar Duck by a third party. The winning duck numbers are selected prior to the race and kept in a sealed security envelope. When the first adopted duck in the first position crosses the finish line, a race official will determine whether the duck is one of the preselected million dollar winning ducks. If it is, the Entrant wins the million dollar prize. If it is not, the million-dollar prize will not be awarded. The odds of being pre-selected as a potential winner of the Million Dollar Duck are approximately 1:3,000. The odds of being the 1st place duck and winning this prize are dependent upon the number of entries. The million-dollar prize is paid in forty (40) equal annual installments of $25,000 each without interest. A third-party promotion company is under contract with the Presenter for this Million Dollar Duck promotion and is solely responsible for paying the million-dollar prize. In no event shall the Presenter or its sponsors be liable for the million-dollar prize. Entrant waives any and all claims against Presenter and its event sponsors as to the million-dollar prize.
10. Prizes awarded to minors will be awarded to their parents or legal guardian.
11. Winners are required to provide proper identification and social security number and fill out all required forms to claim prizes.
12. By entering, winners consent to promotional use of their names and likeness without additional compensation.
13. Prizes will be awarded “as is” and no substitution of prizes will be permitted. Presenter will have no liability with respect to any prize awarded.
14. Duck race entrants need not be present to win.
15. If a winner does not come forward to claim the prize won within 30 days following the race, that prize will be forfeited and Presenter will declare another winner for that prize.
16. Chances of winning depend on the total number of qualified entries.
17. By entering, entrants release the Presenter, sponsors, employees, and their officers, directors, staff and other related entities from any and all liability with respect to prizes and to bodily injury or damage to property on the event site and surrounding parking areas, whether or not due to negligence of the Presenter, sponsors, and their officers, directors, staff and other related entities.
18. This event is subject to all federal, state and local laws and is voided where prohibited by law.
19. All decisions and interpretations of rules and regulations will be made by Presenter, and judgment is final. If deemed necessary, Presenter has the discretion to modify rules.